Product Manager – Remote
InteliChart is a market-leading patient engagement platform. Since 2010 InteliChart has been expanding our engagement platform to include a total of eight product solutions. Today our solutions are utilized by more than 25,000 providers and we host over 60 million patients records.
As a Product Manager, you will act as a conduit between subject matter experts, users, and our development team. You’ll work with users to understand their needs and desires, and you’ll have the technical skills to work with developers to deliver those requirements. The output of your work is a market-leading patient engagement solution that our end users love and value.
As a Product Manager you’ll explore and develop product ideas, whether interviewing subject matter experts, current end users, researching our existing and new markets, or evaluating our competitors. The possibilities are limitless, but only some can be developed so you’ll collaborate with UX/UI, engineering, and leadership to prioritize what’s best for product development.
As a Product Manager at InteliChart, you’ll enable your team to translate user requirements into executable work items that the development team can implement in the product. You will have the detailed technical knowledge necessary so you can explain feature-level requirements to developers and work with them to deliver these improvements for our end users. We lead the patient engagement space through constant innovation and delivering market-ready solutions that our end users love – your passion to continue our journey and your strong analytical mind, that is comfortable discussing technology options and understanding product trade-offs, will contribute to our broader effort to continue to be a leader in our space.
Does the idea of making a positive impact on the lives of tens of millions of people appeal to you? Are you driven to apply your skillset in an environment that gives you the space to do your thing in the collective pursuit of excellence? If that’s you, come join us!
We offer great benefits, including:
- Medical insurance is 100% company-paid for all eligible employees.
- Retirement plan with generous company match.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Excellent dental and vision coverage.
- Health Savings Account/Flex Spending Account.
- Free virtual healthcare for you and your family.
- Remote Workspace – All positions are fully remote.
- Quarterly/Random fun activities and events.
- Business partnerships that provide generous employee discounts.
- Free discount warehouse club membership of your choice.
- And much more!
- Work directly with a team of business analysts and UI/UX to create solutions for client needs
- Manage team’s time and priorities to ensure deadlines are met
- Support your team to help overcome roadblocks and knowledge gaps
- Provide metrics on team performance and recommend/establish improvements to processes where necessary
- Ensure release notes are created and delivered along with new releases to direct clients and partners
- Prioritization and product road mapping
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand organizational goals and priorities, as it pertains to the respective product portfolio.
- Gain insights into customer priorities and market imperatives and turn these into structured inputs towards prioritization and road mapping decisions.
- Manage client/partner enhancement portals to obtain ranked customer feedback that can be incorporated into road-mapping decisions
- Represent business interests during sprint planning to ensure timely completion of goals and commitments.
- Communicate product roadmaps internally, to clients, and to industry analysts.
- Subject Matter Expertise.
- Stay current on knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements. This will include patient engagement-specific components of larger regulatory rules like Meaningful Use, Promoting Interoperability, Cures Act.
- Communicate product futures internally to allow other departments to plan for upcoming products and product features.
- Work with other departments, such as marketing, to prepare for new product launches and existing product updates
- Provide internal clarification on product functionality to client-facing departments as needed
- At least 3+ years in a Product Management function, preferably in medical software.
- Able to engage with business (practice) owners, accounting professionals, and back-office personnel and able to bring to the surface their needs and pain points.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a cross-functional environment in a collaborative manner.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute day-to-day operational activities with clients and other functional areas.
- Undergraduate degree.